Meet Attorney Clay Walker
Awards & Recognition
- Louisiana Bar Association's Pro Bono Publico Award 2006
- Volunteers for Youth Justice "Shining Star" in 2007
- Louisiana Bar Association's Leadership Team 2008
- Shreveport Chamber of Commerce 40 Under 40 in 2008
- National Juvenile Justice Network's Leadership in Juvenile Justice Reform 2010
- Catherine LaFleur Legal Advocacy for Children in Louisiana Award 2010
- Professor Lucy McGough Juvenile Justice Award 2012
- Don E. Wydra Award for work in Juvenile Delinquency 2017
Volunteering & Community Boards
- American Marine Institute
- Caddo Parish School Board's Transformation Zone Advisory Council
- Geaux4Kids -- Geaux Bags
- Louisiana Bar Association's Children's Law Committee
- Louisiana Bar Association's Criminal Justice Committee
- Louisiana Children's Code Committee
- Louisiana Legislative Task Force for Juvenile Detention Center Standards
- Louisiana Legislative Task Force for Legal Representation in Child Protection Cases
- Louisiana Legislative Task Force for School Discipline Reform
- Robinson Film Center
- Samaritan Counseling Center
- Shreveport Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section
- Southern Juvenile Defender Center Advisory Board
- Volunteers for Youth Justice Teen Court Judge
Achievements & Collaboratives
- Juvenile Detention is down 35%
- State Incarceration is down 53%
- Juvenile Crime is down 30%
- School-Based Arrests are down 61%
- Master Trainer in Adverse Childhood Experiences. Over 125 presentations to nearly 3,000 educators, juvenile justice and mental health professionals
Led a statewide team drafting the standards for legal representation in Juvenile Delinquency and Child Protection cases
Created a Multi-Disciplinary Team for northwest Louisiana to combat Human Trafficking
Created a Juvenile Crime Committee for Caddo and Bossier Parishes
Reginald W. Abrams
Arthur R. Carmody, Jr.
Merritt Chastain, Jr.
John T. Cox, Jr.
Philip Downer III
Joseph Greenwald Sr.
Leland G. Horton
T. Haller Jackson III
John M. Madison, Jr.
Malcom S. Murchison
Herschel E. Richard Jr.
L. Havard Scott, III
Henry C Walker
Don Weir, Jr
Donald B. Wiener